When David goes into the office to work (he mostly works from home in our downstairs office) the kids and I come downstairs and hang out. Usually we stay in the upstairs living area (that we use as our main living area) so that our daily commotion doesn’t interfere with his work and teleconference meetings. We can’t even play outside, because where the office is, he would hear us.
I digress. So David went into the office today, which means we headed downstairs. Which also means I made a special lunch since I didn’t feel like I was abandoning the kids by leaving them locked upstairs while I got to work because they were downstairs with me.
This was our impromptu lunch today:
Cheesy, yummy, pizza bites…or muffins. I called them “pizza cupcakes” to entice the kids to try them. I adapted a recipe from Lick the Bowl Good with ingredients I had on hand. We gobbled these down in no time, luckily the recipe only made nine regular sized muffins, or else we’d still be eating them right now. Especially me. I have no will power when it comes to good food. It’s another one of the things I am working on in my journey to getting healthy.
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup milk (we used 2%)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup pepperoni (we used pre-sliced and cut the into quarters)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a cupcake tin, we used a regular sized tin and got nine muffins.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and seasonings.
- Whisk in the milk and egg.
- Stir in cheese and pepperoni, then let sit for about ten minutes.
- Add the batter to the cupcake tin and bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.