As a part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias® I came up with a quick dinner idea using the Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter.
With the girls in school, Girl Scouts, Grayson’s t-ball, both David and I being chairs on the PTA, me in my last eight weeks of school, David working full-time, and being just a week or two away from closing we’ve been a little busy around these parts. I’m going to give it to you straight: Dinner has been suffering.
We still always eat as a family, but what we’ve been eating hasn’t been the best. There’s been a lot of fast food. I’m happy when we have time for grilled cheese. So I’m always on the look for quick ideas that make dinner time feel more like a meal rather than an eat & run.
Quick dinner ideas are all over the place, but sometimes they’re hard for me to execute. I can cook, it’s just that some things take me longer to get done.
So, as I was perusing the aisles at WalMart, the Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter caught my eye. I wouldn’t have to chop herbs and seasonings or dig through my spice cupboard. Sauté Express takes care of all that.
We tried the Garlic and Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starter because, to me, it seemed the most versatile. I could pair it with almost anything.
After perusing the easy chicken recipes Land O’Lakes had on their site I drew some inspiration from their chicken and potatoes and made an even quicker version by using instant potatoes instead of whole ones.
Here’s the super simple recipe!
- For the Chicken:
- 1 ¼ pounds chicken breast
- 2 ½ Land O Lakes ® Garlic & Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starter squares
- For the Potatoes:
- 2 cups water
- ½ Land O Lakes ® Garlic & Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starter squares
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ⅔ instant potato flakes
- 1 15-oz can green beans
- Heat a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat for the chicken. Once hot, melt the 2 ½ Sauté Express® squares until they just begin to bubble. Add chicken. Sauté 13-18 minutes or until chicken is golden brown on both sides and done (165°F). Remove from skillet.
- Boil water, ½ Sauté Express® square, and salt. Remove from heat and stir in milk and potato flakes.
- Green beans:
- Cook according to directions on can. We just pop ours in the microwave!
- Plate it all up and enjoy!
//not so sure about the veggies on her plate